Monday 4 September 2023

REVIEW - A Protector For Phoebe (Love will OUT #2) by D.E. Haggerty

The Book
Release Date: 14 Jan 2021

She’s got a secret.

My entire life is a secret. No, scratch that. I have a secret. My life isn’t a secret. I have a new life with new friends. I even have a job for the first time ever. As a PI no less. And I don’t suck at it. Take that old life. 

So does he. 

When I run into Ryker – literally – my new life is looking better yet. Ryker makes my body feel things I’ve never felt before. Things I like a lot. Except, I’m not the only one with a secret. No, Ryker has a whopper of a secret. 

Does Ryker actually care for me or is it all a big fat lie?

No idea but like my boss always says Love will OUT. 

A Protector for Phoebe is book 2 of the romantic comedy series Love will OUT but can be read as a standalone. 

This romantic comedy features a former rich girl with a big fat secret, a sexy bounty hunter who makes her want to forget about her vow to give up men, two girlfriends who don’t understand the meaning of ‘mind your own business’, and a makeshift family of former Army buddies who think telling dirty jokes is a sign of love.

My Review    5 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

I remember reading the first book in this series and really liking it.  I am therefore kicking myself that it has taken me this long to take up this series again.

I this book we have Phoebe, who we were introduced to in the first book of the series.  She is the posh girl with the fancy clothes and willow ask body who oozes class.  In this book we get to find out what she is running from.

Ryker is a bounty hunter and he falls for Phoebe, even knowing what he does about her background.  Knowing that someone else is closing in on her, Ryker kidnaps her which sets off a whole series of events which leads to her having to come clean to her new 'adopted' friends and family.

Of course, every one pulls together and helps her escape her past and into a happy ever after with Ryker.


No comments:

Post a Comment