Friday 1 September 2023

REVIEW - When it Pours: A Bad Dog/McGuire Brothers Novella (The McGuire Brothers) by Lili Valente


The Book
Release Date: 1 September 2023
Goodreads Link

Truth or Dare: Tell the One-Who-Got-Away that you're still madly in love with him OR spend the night trapped with him in a hunting lodge that's about to be swept downstream?

Ha!
 Trick Question. I get to do BOTH! Because when it rains, it pours.

First, I call Theo McGuire to tell him that I've always loved him and I always will--at least for the next few hours until Pippa Jane the Pig and I are swallowed by the floodwaters. Then, I open the second story window when Theo comes knocking in his kayak, in a likely doomed attempt to save us.

Soon, we're trapped in the cabin where we had our first time fifteen years ago and all I can think about is how much I wish I could turn back the clock. If I could, I'd never let this fiercely kind and sexy-as-hell man go.

Since this could be The End, we agree to make our last night a night to remember.

But what happens when morning dawns, we're both still breathing, 
and I can't bear to think of a life without my favorite McGuire?

My Review    5 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

This is a very quick novella that focuses on two people who have a history together and have never forgotten each other even if many years have gone past them when they next meet up.

Theo is positive that this time he is not going to let this opportunity miss him as the woman he cannot forget is back in town and needs his help.  This time he is ready to do anything to stay in Macy life, even if it means going on the road with her this time with the support of his family.

Macy does not have family support and has been a little lonely even if she has her pet pig.  Theo is the one who got away, however she too never got over him, but when he says he is coming with her she balks about taking him from his family.  However with their support along with Thoe's she knows that this is for ever and a chance at happiness with the one she loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment