Thursday 21 February 2019

REVIEW - Charming as Puck by Pippa Grant

The Book
Release Date: 1 February 2019
Goodreads Link

The man could charm the panties off of a nun…

Nick Murphy. Hockey god. My best friend’s big brother. My friend-with-mindblowing-benefits. The best thing to happen to my nether regions since my subscription to the toy of the month club. The man I’ve been secretly in love with for years.

And total ass.

I am so done with him.

Except there’s one small problem.

Now that I’ve cut him off, his hockey game is in the toilet. He’s convinced I’m his good luck charm, and he wants me back. But only for his game.

I’ll be strong. I will. I’ll resist.

Asses don’t change their stripes.

Or do they?

This plan would be so easy if the man wasn't Charming as Puck…

Charming as Puck is a romping fun romance between a hockey player and his sister's best friend, complete with farm animals, over the top birthday presents, and Berger Twin sightings. This romantic comedy stands alone with no cheating or cliffhangers and ends with a pucking awesome happily ever after

My Review  5 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

This was a very fun read and i could not put the book down.  After reading the collar book between one of my favourite authors Lili Valente and Pippa Grant, i just knew that i had to try Pippa's books in her own right.  I am very glad that i did.

There were so many funny parts in the book, high-jinx between friends and a brilliant love story all within a series of books that can be read as stand alone.

My favourite part?


“Dad stops behind Felicity, larger than life even in his late sixties, his hair prayer than brown, the lines in his face getting deeper every day. He gives me a strangled sort of look. "I'm supposed to talk to you about where babies come from. Your mother says you were doing it wrong."

Felicity has a sudden coughing fit that has Ares off his feet and across the room making sure the baby's okay before i can finish thinking fuck.

"I told her she should've given you a few more minutes," dad adds. He clears his throat. "So the shed should be free tonight."

Felicity's leaning against the wall, laughing so hard she's crying. Loki's gripping her around the head and patting her hair, his eyes huge and terrified, like female tears scare the shit out of him.

Are's whole body is vibrating with silent laughter.

Dad clears his throat again and nods to me. "So, practice good. You're welcome to stay here as long as you want.”
 

I mean how can you not love a book like this?  It had me in stitches.  I am certainly going to be reading more from this author.  

I was certainly invested in the characters and was rooting for things to go well between them and i am so glad that they did.  I am really interested to see what happens to the rest of the Hockey crew so i will certainly be reading the other books previously release with the team character and any future books by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment