Tuesday 30 April 2019

REVIEW - For Lila, Forever by Winter Renshaw

The Book
Release Date: 25 April 2019
Goodreads Link

The words “For Lila, forever” adorned the front of the envelope in blue ink, the handwriting all too familiar. But it didn’t matter what it said. I didn’t have the heart to open it.

We couldn’t be together. 

Not after everything ...

Leaving Rose Crossing, Maine was one of the most painful moments of my life—or at least it was until the day I came face-to-face with Thayer Ainsworth again. 

After a decade of searching, he’s found me, and he wants to know why I quit my housemaid job and left his family’s island estate without so much as a goodbye. But I’m bound by a devastating secret much bigger than the two of us, and telling him the truth has consequences.

Looking into the eyes of the only man I’ve ever loved, I tell him the only thing I’m allowed to: never contact me again. And when he’s gone, I sit down and finally open his letter. 

Only it isn’t a letter at all. 

And it changes everything.

My Review  4 STARS
**My thanks to the author and Hidden Gems for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

This is a second chance at love book after things go awry when Thayer and Lila part ways after the summer on Thayers grandfathers private island.

We get a good plot with a hidden element that will cause pain to both sides of the family and Thayer proves time and time again that he has been brought up well and has a very lovely soul, that just happens to be intrigued with Lila from the very moment that he see's her.

Lila goes through a lot, including the initial loss of her mother when she goes to live with her grandparents for the summer.  After that summer, things do get harder, but Lila is resilient and she has her grandparents.

The book os told from dual points of view and we get the past along with the present along with a very satisfactory epilogue.

I loved both main characters, but i do have a soft spot for the cousin who i hope gets a book of his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment