Tuesday 28 May 2019

REVIEW - Hammered (Happy Cat #2) by Pippa Grant & Lili Valente

The Book
Release Date: 28 May 2019
Goodreads Link

I didn’t mean to kidnap the groom.

It was an accident.

Mostly...


At least I didn't take much time to plan it. It was more of a spur of the moment kidnapping. Does that count?

One minute, the town’s bad boy is standing at the altar about to marry the world’s most evil kindergarten teacher. The next, he’s passed out in my Vespa sidecar with his bride hot on our tail.

But I didn't have a choice! I couldn't stand by and watch Jace O’Dell be blackmailed into a loveless marriage. And besides, what’s a little kidnapping between friends? 

Okay, so maybe we’re not just friends...

And maybe I can’t quit thinking about that night at his bar when he closed up early and had me on the rocks.

And maybe this crazy stunt is going to blow up in both of our faces.

If it does, I’m blaming the moonshine.

Even though the only thing I’m hammered on when it comes to Jace is love—straight up, no chaser.

My Review  5 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

With this book we get our second foray into Happy Cat and the many wonderfully qwerty inhabitants that live there.

This book focuses on Ryans brother Jace, who is the Wild Hogs owner and bar keeper.  Here we find out more of his dysfunctional relationship with Ginger and the attraction that he has always had with Olivia.  He thinks that she is out of his league, but the truth id far from it.

Olivia was brought to town originally by Savannah the former owner of the Adult toy shop and Olivia has her own unique way of living compared to the residents of Happy Cat.  For example she likes to bathe in the light of the moon all but in her birthday suit.

I loved the chemistry between the pair and that although Olivia can seem scattered she is actually very smart and has one of the biggest hearts of gold.  She also helps show that Ginger is a more of a problem than first thought.

I loved seeing previous characters and i really loved that more wacky animal antics have been written into this book, and long may it continue with this series.  I really enjoyed the hedgehog and the alpaca.

I greatly anticipate the next book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment