Monday 24 October 2022

REVIEW - My Big Fat Bloodsucker Second Chance (The Wonderfully Witches of Nightfall New Hampshire Book 3) by Bella Jacobs


The Book
Release Date: October 2022
Goodreads Link

The one who got away—and star of all my dirtiest dreams—just asked me to marry him. Edmond is gorgeous, witty, looks incredible in a suit, and adores my little girl. The problem?
This marriage is as fake as a Vegas showgirl's D cup. 

Edmond only proposed to protect my daughter from her deadbeat dad. He wants forever as much as I do, but he's been cursed by his evil ex to walk into the sunlight on New Year's Day, and is determined to hold me at a distance.

I know he's trying to protect me from grief, but every fake kiss to fool our families shatters my heart. I have to find a way to break this curse and make our pretend family the real thing.

Cue a crash course in truth potion making and a hunt for his evil ex, Priscilla, an ancient vampire who hasn't been spotted in Nightfall in decades. 

Until the day she breezes into town, right as vampire war is breaking out between the clans...

The timing for a spell breaking intervention couldn't be worse, but that won't stop me. They say it's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. 

I say: Anyone who threatens the man I love is about to "F" around and find out what happens when you cross a Wonderfully witch.


My Review     5 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

This is the third book in the series and although it could be read as a stand alone book, you really would benefit from reading the other books in the series first, just to get the broader idea of what has gone on before with the sisters and how they have become what they are.

Casey is the third Wonderfully sister and is engaged to Edmund one of the Blackmore men, mainly in order to save her daughter from her nasty demon ex boyfriend and Amy, her daughters, nasty father.

This author certainly manages to weave a story that captivates and pulls you in for the ride, and you cannot stop turning page after page and devouring the story and the lifes' of its characters.

I really enjoyed Casey as she showed her mama bear strength and fought hard for what she wanted and her family.  Edmund also stepped up to the plate for the woman who he had not forgotten from their first encounter over 4 years ago before she had Amy.

I really love this series and at the end we are introduced to the next two main characters, Felicity and Ferris and cannot wait to see what this author whips up for their happy ending and the continuation of the main story line.

Certainly a book to be recommended.


No comments:

Post a Comment