Monday 8 July 2024

REVIEW - Corrupt by Penelope Douglas

The Book
Release Date: 15 November 2015

Erika: His name is Michael Crist. My boyfriend's older brother is like that scary movie that you peek through your hand to watch. He's handsome, strong, and completely terrifying. The star of his college's basketball team and now gone pro, he's more concerned with the dirt on his shoe than me. 

Michael: Her name is Erika Fane, but everyone calls her Rika. My brother's girlfriend grew up hanging around my house and is always at our dinner table. She looks down when I enter a room and stills when I am close. I can always feel the fear rolling off of her, and while I haven't had her body, I know that I have her mind. That's all I really want, anyway. 

Until my brother leaves for the military, and I find Rika alone at college. In my city. Unprotected. The opportunity is too good to be true. Because you see, three years ago she put a few of my high school friends in prison, and now they're out. We've waited. We've been patient. And now every last one of her nightmares will come true.


My Review   5 STARS
I think this may be one of the darkest books that I have read in a while.  But I certainly enjoyed it.

There was lots of suspense, characters that were hurt lashing out and a couple who have always been drawn to each other even though life and others are always trying to tear them apart.

Erika Fane aka Erika has just gone to college, but she does not know that she has been manipulated into staying in her new apartment and that 4 men are intent on getting revenge.

Michael Crist is a man in a position of power and he and his three friends want to get revenge on Rita for getting the three friends sent to prison.  They have been out for months and have been planning how they can ruin her.  But things are never quite as simple as it seems and not only feelings get in the way, but there is another player in the mix that changes everything, especially when they find betrayal within their ranks but family betrayal too.

But sometimes when the truth comes out, those strong feelings keep out couple together and Michael fights for what he wants and he fights for his fiends too.

Sometimes life is not easy and we have to be able to change with with the punches or lose everything that matters to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment