Friday 5 July 2024

REVIEW - Idol (VIP #1) by Kristen Callihan

The Book
Release Date: 7 June 2016

Libby

I found Killian drunk and sprawled out on my lawn like some lost prince. With the face of a god and the arrogance to match, the pest won't leave. Sexy, charming, and just a little bit dirty, he's slowly wearing me down, making me crave more. He could be mine if I dare to claim him. Problem is, the world thinks he's theirs. How do you keep an idol when everyone is intent on taking him away?

Killian

As lead singer for the biggest rock band in the world, I lived a life of dreams. It all fell apart with one fateful decision. Now everything is in shambles.

Until Liberty. She's grouchy, a recluse - and kind of cute. Scratch that. When I get my hands on her, she is scorching hot and more addictive than all the fans who've screamed my name.

The world is clamoring for me to get back on stage, but I'm not willing to leave her. I've got to find a way to coax the hermit from her shell and keep her with me. Because, with Libby, everything has changed. Everything.

Contains mature themes.


My Review    5 STARS
Liberty Bell aka Libby or Ellie-Mae wakes un to find a man asleep on her lawn passed out drunk after crashing his motorcycle.  She is not a happy bunny.

Killian Murphy aka Lawn bum finds himself awoken in a strange place by being hosed down by an irate woman.  She thinks he's lost, but he is her new neighbour for a while.

Its not long before they are spending more time together than they thought they would, enjoying each others company, talking to each other and coming back to life from a world that has hurt them and left each of them with their own scars.

Eventually they both open up to each other, but reality has a way of crashing back in and making them evolve life for something other than the boxes they have fit themselves into.

Enjoyed this book and will look for more from this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment