Tuesday 9 July 2024

REVIEW - Golden Touch (Giltmaker #2) by Sarina Bowen

The Book
Release Date: 9 July 2024
Goodreads Link

Livia

Once upon a time I spent an evening flirting with a handsome stranger in a bar. But before we could finish what we started, I lost my nerve and fled. 

Months later, I’m minding my own business at work one morning when a stranger lets himself into the empty brewery. Panicked, I call 911, and the cops show up to slap on the handcuffs. 

In my defense, I have very good reasons to be afraid. Also in my defense, I’d never met my boss’s son. 

Or so I’d thought… 

Nash

I don’t know what this chick has against me. First she ditches me, and now she wants to arrest me. 

Livia is as frustrating as she is hot. But nobody else knows the brewery better than she does. Now we’re stuck together, sharing an office and a very small house as I run the brewery for six weeks for my cranky dad. 

That’s just enough time to bring down her guard. Turns out we have a lot more in common than we thought, including a lot of smoking hot chemistry. Until Livia’s past catches up with her, and I finally figure out why she’s so jumpy. But I’ll stop at nothing to protect her, unless her ex finds her first…

My Review   5 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

This is the second book in the series and can certainly be read as a stand a lone book.  Sarina is an author that I have read quite a bit, so I always know that it is going to be a good book and that she can have me laughing, crying and always looking forward to the couple's journey to happy ever after.

Here we have scared Livia who is hiding from an ex who is not only the president the the motorcycle club, but is trading in drugs and other illegal activities.  She does not have anyone to rely on and help and often helps others before herself and has had a bad string of relationships that seemingly have a pattern.  Motorcycle hunks with tattoos.

When Nash turns up to his father's brewery to help after he has had a heart attack, things do not go well to start.  Especially as he very quickly finds himself in handcuffs due to a mistaken identity.

Once that is over however he can see that Livia is skittish and looking over her shoulder and he gives her someone to spar with, laugh with and is there for her even before she knows what extra she needs.  He shows her that not all men are nasty or have agenda and he is plain about what he wants and how he feels.

I really enjoyed this couples dynamic and the supporting characters and will certainly have to go back and read Leila's story that I have somehow missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment