Sunday 14 July 2013

The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld 5) - Gena Showalter

The Book
Release Date: 21 May 2010

For weeks, the immortal warrior Aeron has sensed an invisible female presence. An angel-demon-assassin has been sent to kill him. Or has she? Olivia claims she fell from the heavens, giving up immortality because she couldn't bear to harm him. But trusting - and falling for - Olivia will endanger them all. So how has this mortal with the huge blue eyes already unleashed Aeron's darkest passion?

With an enemy hot on his trail and his faithful demon companion determined to remove Olivia from his life, Aeron is trapped between duty and consuming desire. Worse still, a new executioner has been sent to do the job Olivia wouldn't...

My Opinion  5 STARS
OMG... This is by far the best book of the series so far. It had me crying at points that even my husband asked if i was ok it was that good.

Ok first I should probably mention that you need to read The Darkest Angel (4.5 novella) before reading this book for a better understanding of both Olivia and Lysander.

This novel gives you a wonderful insight as to the being that it Aeron. A wonderfully complex character that does anything for his friends - his family, never really thinking of himself. Showing how soft hearted he really is.

Olivia is an Angel that has fallen as she had been watching over Aeron in fascination, but was unable to carry out her task in taking his life due to her conflicting feeling for him, even knowing that someone else would be given the job she could not do.

Having liked Legion in previous books, I admit to having not liking her after her total bitch came out showing her utter jealous side, even though it had come out somewhat before.

But the ending??? OMG. I am still reeling from that. I totally didn't see that happening. But hell, I LOVED it. I now have a little (ok big) Gena crush for giving me that ending.

I so cannot wait to start the next book in the series. Especially as she has already given us a taster of Gideon and Scarlett, and I totally loved that blue haired hunk of man.

No comments:

Post a Comment