Wednesday 7 January 2015

REVIEW - Beauty and the Wolf (The Cursed Princes #1) by Marina Myles

The Book
Release Date: 6 June 2013
Goodreads Link

A Union Of Curses

Isabella Farrington’s marriage was hasty. For all her new husband’s riches, Lord Draven Winthrop is whispered about, avoided, and feared. Yet Isabella is drawn to Draven’s dark good looks, his strength, the charm he can turn on as easily as she can blink. The impoverished daughter of an Egyptologist, she knows there are rumors about her, too, and the amulet she wears. Nothing more than superstitious babble…

But when Isabella returns to Draven’s remote coastal manor, she senses there is something more at work in the grim gardens of Thorncliff Towers than superstition. Draven is passionate and seductive, but he has a brutal, uncontrolled side too, and a history of secrets. To live in peace she must discover the reasons behind a gypsy curse and a mother’s scorn. Especially when she learns Draven believes his sweet young bride is doomed to a fate even darker than his own…
 

My Opinion  3 STARS
**My thanks to NetGalley and Kensington Books, for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

Although this book is completely actioned packed, by the end I felt as if I had read a 500 page novel or longer but it just didn't do anything for me or even grab me.

The book has a Gypsy curse, an Egyptian curse, murder, regret, love, were-wolves and childhood pain to name but a few. So much was thrown in that at times it was just overwhelming.

Neither character stood out as being particularly strong but there were lots of twists and turns especially at the end that I felt that I just had to keep reading to find out what happened.

The epilogue was also disappointing for no reason that I can put my finger on. Unfortunately this book, although it sounded promising, did nothing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment