Tuesday 22 March 2022

REVIEW - Coaching the Nanny (Wildcatters Hockey Series) by Alexa Padgett


The Book
Release Date: 22 April 2022

He's sexy as sin, and I'm one shot from falling for the hockey coach and single dad.
I loved being a Nanny with all my heart.

But when my charges grew up and hit me with the reality that as much as I loved them, they were someone else’s kids, I didn’t think I could do it again.

Until I met the little firecracker Beatrix Whittaker. She’s young, angry, and so in need of love. Within moments, she’s stolen a piece of my heart that I didn’t realize I had left to give. Her uncle, sexy-as-sin hockey coach Silas Whittaker, had me the moment his sultry, soul-searing eyes promised all my dreams.

Like the girl he cares for, he’s jaded and broken by his childhood—not to mention in way over his head parenting for the first time. He knows nothing about children and even less about families.

That’s where I come in. Putting it in hockey terms he understands, I’m the fixer. I’m not sure if I can fix their issues, but Beatrix and Silas make me yearn to share in their future while teaching them how to hope and, maybe even love.

A steamy, angsty single dad sports romance from USA Today Bestseller Alexa Padgett.

My Review   4 STARS
*My thanks to the author and Hidden Gems for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

Silas's world changes when he get a phone calll at 5am to let him know that his estranged sister has died and he is now the guardian of her daughter Beatrix.  As a hockey coach and no other family he does not know what to do especially as he travels a lot for his job.

Paloma is a nanny who has only had one other job before looking after two boys from a wealthy family until recently when the last one has graduated high school and since having been there for them they look upon her as a mother mother and speak to her about things before their own parents.

However with her mothers failing health Paloma is forced to sell her house in order to pay for her mothers medical costs and that means getting another nannying job to help pay the bills, something she didn't think she could do again.

Both parties are attracted to each other from the beginning, but there is a claus in her contract with an agency that stops her doing anything romantic with her employer.  But the attraction keeps getting in the way and she finds herself falling for Beatrix and the man that is her employer as he makes it difficult not to like him.

This is a good feeling book and Silas is certainly there for Paloma when she needs him and steps up to be the man/uncle/father that Beatrix needs without complaint.  I really ejjoyed this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment