Friday 18 March 2022

REVIEW - Kept By The Mountain Man (Montana Mountain Men #3) by Gemma Weir


The Book
Release Date: 1 July 2021

Kind, insistent and refusing to go away, Granger Barnett is one of the most gorgeous men I’ve ever met. I imagine every woman in Rockhead Point wants a taste of the mountain man. Except me. 

When my RV breaks down, he shows up like the good Samaritan ready to save me, only I’m not looking for a hero. But it turns out no isn’t a word Granger hears that often, especially not from the woman he thinks is meant to be his. 

He says it’s fate, I’m confident he’s got the wrong girl.

Only, apparently the Barnett brothers know how to get their own way. So now I’m staying at his house and he’s talked me into giving him the weekend to convince me I’m his. 

But while I’m planning my great escape, I realize he doesn’t just want the weekend, he wants to keep me forever.

My Review  5 STARS
What happens when very timid Alice breaks down in her RV and Granger Barnett happens to come along?  A man who steam rolls his way into Alice's life and who helps her in mind, body and soul.

Alice has spent the last five years living a nomadic life, travelling around America for work and not settling anywhere for very long.  She is convinced that she is a poisonous person and cannot be loved by anyone.

Granger is another one of the Barnett boys and when he sees someone stranded on the side of the road he stops to help only to find that he knows instantly that the skittish woman he encounters is THE woman for him.

He can see that there is something in Alice's past that is holding her back and with his caveman tendencies he certainly shows Alice that he is the man for her, that he can take her insecurities and all the decisions away from her that cause her trouble, while still helping her become a stronger more secure and solid woman.

Alice has been abandoned too may times in her life and feels that she repels people because she knows that she is clingy and needy if she lets her guard down.  Therefore she has spent the last part of the last five years alone without making friends.  When Granger all but bulldozes his way into her life and tells her that he can take anything she throws at him, she cannot believe it at first.  Granger however not only takes it, he also shows her that he needs her clingy needy personality.  He shows her that he is the man for her and becomes her biggest supporter and advocat.

I really loved this book and the man that Granger showed us that he is.  Really looking forward to see more Barnett men fall under the spell when finding their perfect woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment