Tuesday 15 March 2022

REVIEW - Shenanigans (Brooklyn #6) by Sarina Bowen


The Book
Release Date: 15 Mar 2022

What I meant to do in Vegas: Let my hair down for once and celebrate winning a medal at my first women’s hockey all-stars competition. 

What I actually did: Got senior prom drunk and woke up married to Brooklyn’s star winger, the great Neil Drake. 

He’s the heir to a billion dollars, and I barely survived my childhood. Our friendship is based strictly only on hockey, takeout food and smack talk. 

And now holy matrimony. Although we both know it can’t last, especially once his evil family gets wind of our Vegas shenanigans… 

Contains: Meddling teammates, meddling parents, ugly jewelry and a pretend-kiss that nearly sets the world on fire.

My Review. 5 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

What happens when you are both Professional Hockey players, you have always fancied each other and you get dunk in vegas?

Charli (Charlotte) is away with the woman's hockey team in vegas at an awards with the male hockey team, among the male team is her brothers best friend Neil.  When they wake up in the same plush room, blank spots in their memories and half naked, things become more interesting.  Especially when they find a tacky ring in Charlie's hair and a marriage certificate on the side board.

Lots is packed into this fast reading story with mis-haps, hilarity, awkward moments, horrible family and most of all a love that emerges that makes each person stronger.

I really loved Neil and the way he supported Charlie, her dreams and what he wanted too.  He certainly stuck up for her and in turn, they both showed each other what they were missing in life and what a life together could really be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment