I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Monlatable Book Reviews! She has been quite supportive of me and has followed my blog from the begining. I have been blogging only a short time and it has been a slow learning curve into all this blogging, but it has been great fun. I even had butterflies when i did my first blog tour, something i hope to do more of in the future. This award is given to bloggers by fellow bloggers who have less than 200 followers to get a boost in exposure and hopefully give readers a chance to see some of the smaller blogs that are out there doing great things around the web.
Here are the answers to the questions that I was asked:
1. What is your all time favourite book?
Probably the hobbit. I read it at school and then have to buy all the Lord of the Rings trilogy and other books by J.R.R. Tolkien.
2. Is there a book that you thought that you would not like that you ended up really enjoying?
Our Souls to Keep by Gary A. Caruso I wasn't sure when is was asked to read the ARC, but found it gripping right from the beginning. Another book was The End Of All Things by Lissa Bryan
3. What is the best comment that you have received by an author, other blogger, or blog reader?
It basically said that because of my great review that the blogger was now also going to read the book. Who wouldn't be happy with that?!
4. What is the best thing about blogging for you?
Knowing that out there somewhere i am bringing other readers info on books that they may not have read yet. If you influence even just one person to read a new book, that can't be a bad thing. I will always encourage reading!
5. What is the most frustrating thing about blogging for you?
Not always being to read as fast as i want and therefore not blogging every day. I always feel slightly guilty if i haven't blogged for a day or two.
6. If you could live the life of any of the characters that you have read about who would it be?
Gosh. There's just too many to choose from and the answer would change constantly. My book boyfriend for example has change everyday so far this week. With so many good books out their how could I possible choose?
7. Is there a character that you love to hate? You can't say J.R. Ewing (oops my age is showing)
8. Are you a re-reader?
I used to be. With the amount of paperback books and kindle books i have on my to be read list at the moment that just isn't possible. Especially as i keep getting more books. Since i got a kindle i find that i am buying more books than ever.
9. If you could change the ending of any book or series which would it be and why?
There have been a number of books in which the ending has been either too cheesy or just felt too rushed. I always get the feeling that getting just the right ending for everyone is a difficult and daunting task for any author, and unfortunately you can't get it right for everyone.
10. What is your ultimate goal for your blog?
To get other peoples attention to a book that they may not have noticed yet. The majority of my blog followers are also book reviewers and its nice just to swap comments about the books we read, knowing that you are not the only avid book reader out there.
Blogs that I would like to nominate:
1.Megan @ My Library Life of Living Through Books
2. Gaby @ The Last Chapter
4. The Ink Box
5. Brianna C @ Listful Booking
I would have listed more blogs, but most of the blogs that are following me seem to have many more followers than 200.
There are a few rules:
1. Link back to the blogger that tagged you.
2. Nominate 10 others and answer the questions of the one who tagged you.
3. Ask 10 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
4. Let your nominees know of their award.
My Questions to the blogs I have nominated are:
1. Why did you set up your blog.
2. Who is your favourite author?
3. Which book are you most looking forward to coming out?
4. Print version or ebook?
5. If you were stranded on a desert island, what book or series would you wish to have with you?
6. If you could talk face to face with an author, who would it be and why?
7. Are there any books that you have not been able to finish?
8. Would you buy a book purely because of the cover?
9. How has your reading changed since you set up your blog?
10. How do you choose what books you read?
My thanks to Monlatable Book reviews in passing this award to me :)